Privacy statement concerning the processing of personal data on the occasion of The 2ND RTO Innovation Summit.
The organisers include the ten host Research and Technology Organisations (collectively, “Host RTOs”): Austrian Institute of Technology, CEA, Danish Technological Institute, Fraunhofer, IMEC, Research Institutes of Sweden, SINTEF, Tecnalia, TNO and VTT. The Host RTOs contracted OFCORES (Aldenarda NV) for the management of The 2nd RTO Innovation Summit. You may contact the organisers through firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the processing of your personal data under this policy.
By providing personal data, you agree that all this personal data will be processed by the organisers and their contractor in accordance with this privacy statement.
Personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) n° 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), which entered into force in May 2018.
Your personal data is processed:
- for the organisation and management of The 2ND RTO Innovation Summit, including the management of contact lists, invitations, event information dissemination and participants
- to facilitate event-related communications with you
- to comply with statutory obligations
Personal data collected and further processed:
Any personal data collected or stored is supplied to us by yourself.
The personal data categories potentially collected from you are:
• Identification data necessary for the organisation and management of the meeting or event, such as the name, profession and contact details, including e-mail and phone number, of participants and speakers.
• The organisers may arrange event photographers and videographers and spread information, including event photos and videos, by means of the event and Host RTOs' websites and corporate social media accounts such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You have the option to opt out of inclusion in photographs and videos at the event through the registration process or by contacting the organisers through email@example.com at any time to request such opt out.
• In the context of certain meetings, the organisers may facilitate live webstreaming and audio recording.
The Host RTOs are the Data Controller.
On behalf of the Data Controller for the processing purposes stated in this policy, the Data Processor is OFCORES (Aldernarda NV) - Route de Lennik 451 - 1070 Brussels. OFCORES is an event management company contracted by the Host RTOs for the organisation of this event.
Your personal data uploaded through the registration process for The 2ND RTO Innovation Summit is processed with the platform eTouches (www.etouches.com).
Recipients of personal data:
The Host RTOs staff, the Host RTOs contractor for the organisation of meetings and events (OFCORES), and in some instances participants, without prejudice to a possible transfer to bodies in charge of monitoring, auditing or inspection tasks in accordance with European Union legislation.
Event speaker presentations and pictures, as well as any webstreaming and/or audio/video recording from the event may be made available on the website of The 2ND RTO Innovation Summit, the Host RTOs websites and/or on social media (see above) or within the event app. The event app may also display attendance lists, though you have the opportunity to opt out of inclusion in such lists during the registration process or by contacting the organisers.
Collected personal data is recorded and stored as long as follow-up actions are needed in the context of the meeting or event concerned and with a maximum period of 45 days after the event until 12 July 2020. The Data Processor and Data Controller destroy your data collected for the event through this platform after this time unless secure retention is otherwise required by applicable laws.
Contact & exercise of rights:
In accordance with the GDPR, you have the right to access, rectify, and erase your personal data; and to restrict or object to processing, and to supply or transfer your data in portable format.
Any consent you give may be withdrawn at any time, without affecting pre-withdrawal processing.
Should you require further information concerning the processing of your personal data or to exercise your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have at any time the right to make a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the competent supervising authority.